ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AMD Motherboard IN STOCK
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD X570
- AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/4000 G-Series/3000 Series/3000 G-Series/2000 Series/2000 G-Series Desktop Processors
- AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/3000 Series Desktop Processors
- DDR4 4866(O.C)/ 4800(O.C.)/ 4666(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C)/ 4400(O.C)/ 4266(O.C.)/ 4133(O.C.)/ 4000(O.C.)/ 3866(O.C.)/ 3733(O.C.)/ 3600(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3400(O.C.)/ 3200/ 3000/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400(O.C.)/ 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
- AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series Desktop Processors
- DDR4 5100(O.C)/ 5000(O.C)/ 4866(O.C)/ 4800(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C)/ 4400(O.C)/ 4266(O.C.)/ 4133(O.C.)/ 4000(O.C.)/ 3866(O.C.)/ 3733(O.C.)/ 3600(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3400(O.C.)/ 3200/ 3000/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
- AMD Ryzen 2000 Series Processors
- DDR4 3600(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3400(O.C.)/ 3200(O.C.)/ 3000(O.C.)/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
- AMD Ryzen 3000 G-Series/2000 G-Series Processors
- DDR4 3200(O.C.)/ 3000(O.C.)/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz Memory
Why are our prices higher than BestBuy or NewEgg?
The prices are higher because we have to buy in small quantities straight from the distributors. We don't have the luxury of buying thousands of GPUs at a discounted rate like major retailers.
However, we currently only charge tax to eight states: CA, GA, WA, TX, IL, NJ, KS, and FL.
So depending on your location, our prices can actually be cheaper than major retailers if you're lucky enough to reside in those states by not paying online sales tax.
Upgraded power delivery, passive chipset cooling, and stealthy aesthetics allow the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero to strike from the shadows and form a menacing duo with AMD Zen 3.
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero boasts an optimized power design layout and all the cooling headers you need to handle the prodigious power of the latest AMD Ryzen processors.
Teamed Power Architecture
Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power-saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. Our latest VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal performance.
ASUS Optimem III
Infused with proprietary memory trace layout tweaks that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, Optimem III allows memory kits to run at lower latencies, reduced voltages, and operate at higher frequencies. Stack the Dark Hero with your favorite modules and maximize Zen 3 processors throughput for applications that demand massive bandwidth, or balance infinity fabric and memory performance for a diverse range of workloads.
COOLINGMaintaining system stability is paramount under high load, so Crosshair VIII Dark Hero employs passive chipset cooling with large VRM and chipset heatsinks that strike the right balance between surface area and mass. Featuring premium components and multiple fan headers, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is fully armed to provide the best foundation for gaming systems.
- VRM heatsink - The two VRM heatsinks are placed above the MOSFETs and chokes, and are connected by a heat-pipe to further increase surface area for heat dissipation.
- M.2 heatsink - Two dedicated heatsinks keep the dual M.2 SSDs at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
- High-conductivity thermal pad - A high-quality thermal pad improves overall heat transfer from the system by bridging the heat generated by the power stages to the heatsink.
- Passive chipset heatsink - A dedicated chipset heatsink draws heat away to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero features the most comprehensive cooling options ever.
- Multiple temperature sources - Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. All settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
- 4-pin PWM/DC fan - Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- AIO PUMP - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
Dual water-temperature headers and a flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, allowing you to track coolant temperatures and the flow rate of the entire loop.
- Water pump+ - A dedicated header can supply over 3 amps to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
- Water in/out - A dedicated header enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output points of any component.
- Water flow - A dedicated header enables constant monitoring of flow rate throughout the entire loop.
OptimizationROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is packed with intuitive and flexible tools to allow customization across all system parameters to deliver the performance you want.
Performance Level Up
The dashboard-style control panel of AI Suite 3 lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero system with ease. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Accurate Voltage Monitoring
Conventional motherboards use single-ended sensing tapped from a location that isn't ideal, leading to a large disparity between the actual voltage fed to the CPU and the value reported to software. ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero features a differential-sensing circuit and delicate IC that simplify overclocking and tuning by allowing you to track voltages more accurately.
CONNECTIVITYROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero offers advanced connectivity, including WiFi 6 (AX200) and dual Ethernet with Intel® 1Gb and Realtek 2.5Gb Ethernet port to eliminate bottlenecks so you can enjoy exceptionally smooth online and LAN play. Additionally, the M.2 supports AMD StoreMI technology to maximize the speed of your SSD for faster load times, and SupremeFX on-board audio provides superb sound, while saving a PCIe slot.
WiFi 6 (AX200)
Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast wireless-networking speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense WiFi environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences. *
Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6. Find out more about ASUS WiFi 6 solutions: https://www.asus.com/wifi6/
*Actual speed varies, depending on networking conditions.
REALTEK 2.5G LAN
2.5G on-board Ethernet kicks your LAN connection up a notch with an up to 2.5X bandwidth improvement. Using your existing LAN cable, you can take advantage this networking upgrade to experience smoother, lag-free gaming, immediately stream high-resolution videos and enjoy faster file transfers.?
Intel® 1Gbps Ethernet
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero features the latest Intel® Ethernet (I211-AT) ensuring data exchanges with your network and the outside world are fast and smooth. Intel LAN reduces CPU overhead and increases TCP and UDP throughput, keeping more processing power.
UNTHROTTLED TRANSFER SPEED
Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 Slot support up to 22110 and provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to two PCIe 4.0 storage devices to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds on the AMD Ryzen™ 5000 and 3000 Series desktop processors.
AMD StoreMI technology is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.?
ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. There's also a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op amp for high gain with low distortion — all to produce unmatched audio quality.
PersonalizeIn addition to extraordinary performance, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero provides extensive styling and customization options to let you build a system that truly stands apart.
Grow your gaming world
Gear up with ROG components, from graphics and monitors to mice and keyboards. And up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
Addressable Gen 2 RGB header
The addressable Gen 2 RGB headers now feature software that can automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
RAMCache lll software utility turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express® storage options, RAMCache lll utilizes uniquely intelligent technology to effectively cache any storage device, so favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
DTS : Sound Unbound
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero includes a pre-loaded DTS Sound Unbound app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with developers for titles that offer support.
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to provide centralized control of supported ROG gaming products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips with the new Aura Creator suite ready. The software also provides control of settings for a growing number of ROG products, making it easier to tune the look and feel of your system. Armoury Crate even offers dedicated product registration and ROG news feeds to help you stay in touch with the ROG gaming community.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series/ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 Series/ 2000 G-Series desktop processors; also supports up to two M.2 drives and features USB 3.2 Gen 2 and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance networking: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with ASUS LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst VI software.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Unmatched personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- Industry-leading ROG audio: ROG SupremeFX S1220 is combined with the venerable ESS ES9023P to deliver high-fidelity audio to headsets and exotic cans.